Encryption systems as well as intrusion detection systems meeting the highest standards on the market ensure optimal confidentiality to the TreeTop Asset Management clients.
All data and documents are systematically backed up to ensure that nothing is ever lost. We deal with your private life and personal data very carefully and with a strong focus on confidentiality.
Some tips for your security
- Never send your passwords and codes to someone else, even those close to you or those whom you trust.
- If you leave your workstation or visit other websites, always disconnect with the ’logout’ button instead of simply closing your browser.
(PC ou Mac)
- Avoid using public computers (e.g. at cybercafés).
- Use recent anti-virus software, with regular updates. Be sure that your software automatically checks every day whether there are new updates.
- Use a firewall to prevent unwanted persons from entering your computer via the Internet.
- Activate the updates on your computer (Windows Update for PC / Software Update for Mac) and check each week to install new updates that strengthen the security level.
- Do not open attachments to e-mails that you were not expecting.
- E-mails with "jokes" and so on can contain viruses or malware, even if you know the sender. Be sure that your anti-virus software also checks the attachments of your incoming e-mails. You can also activate your Internet browser’s mail filter.
- TreeTop Asset Management Belgium will never ask you by e-mail your account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, passwords or codes.
Once the account is opened, every client receives his logon and his TreeTop Digipass enabling him to access his TreeTop Asset Management Belgium accounts.
Every Digipass at TreeTop Asset Management Belgium is blocked upon the third consecutive entry of an incorrect code confirmation. The personal data (name, address, etc.) are never communicated to third parties, apart from the cases mentioned in the General Conditions of TreeTop Asset Management Belgium, to ease the proper implementation of your transactions.
Security of your assets. The protection fund for deposits and financial instruments.
As a client of TreeTop Asset Management Belgium - a brokerage firm under Belgian law - your assets are protected by the deposit guarantee system, for a maximum amount of 100,000 Euros for liquidity in deposits, and a maximum of 20,000 Euros for financial instruments.
What is the deposit guarantee system?
The deposit guarantee system, called “Protection fund for deposits and financial instruments”, intervenes when a credit establishment, a brokerage firm or other investment company is no longer able to fulfil its obligations towards its clients.
What does this mean?
In the event of a default of the establishment, the Protection fund for deposits and financial instruments offers you a twofold protection:
- The first protection covers the loss of cash assets held in the form of deposits in account (whether current, time deposit or savings). The indemnification of the fund for deposits and financial instruments is limited to a maximum of 100,000 Euros for this type of assets and per client.
- The second protection intervenes when you are no longer able to recover financial instruments (i.e. securities such as shares, bonds, SICAVs, etc.) that you have entrusted to the defaulting establishment. In this case, another indemnity of a maximum of 20,000 Euros can be granted. Whatever happens, you should always be able to recover all financial instruments that are registered in your name without having to call upon indemnification by the Protection fund for deposits and financial instruments.
What to do if you find an irregularity?
Need for assistance
Don’t hesitate to contact our Service Desk by e-mail or telephone.
0800 59 001From Monday through Friday. From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Handling of client complaints
Send your complaint, in writing, to the attention of the “Compliance Officer”, at the following address: TreeTop Asset Management Belgium, rue des Francs, 79, 1040 Brussels.
We will send you an acknowledgement of receipt within 5 working days. We will analyze your complaint and give a detailed response in the month following its receipt, provided that the complaint is complete and specific.
If you believe that you have not received a satisfactory answer from us, you can - for complaints relating to investment products and services - address your concern to the financial sector Ombudsman: Banks – Credits - Investments Mediation Service, North Gate II, Avenue Roi Albert II 8 B-1000 Brussels (www.ombudsfin.be ou [email protected]).
The mediation service may suggest solutions for resolving the dispute. In the event of a lack of mutual acceptance of the proposed solutions, either party can turn to the competent courts.